Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Welcome Party & Kichijoji Outing

Welcome Party 14 May 2009
東京外国語大学留学生教育センター 2009年度歓迎交流会
After one and a half month being in Japan, finally we had our welcome party. This welcome party was specially made for all of us under this MEXT scholarship, 52 pre-undergraduates and 21 research students. Of course, the most interesting thing of the welcome party is FOOD! (again =p) Guess what, teacher requested students to have some performance in the party, well some Vietnamese had guitar performance, Mongolian had a traditional dance performance, and uh-em, five of us (Malaysian+Singaporean+Indonesian) performed A-capella singing, lolx! We didn't really prepare for it, somemore at the night before the party, we decided to sing "Rasa Sayang" last minute, other than the a-capella song we learnt from the club. Nevermind, I've uploaded the video here, after viewing it then you'll know how "unprepared" we were =.="

Buffet!
Sushi!
Cake! Oh my god!
I like it sooo much!
The plate was small, and I think I ate more than 5 plates of these =p
The Malaysians & Singaporean.
Here we are! Kampai! 乾杯!
Pre-undergraduate students.
My classmates and sensei.
Ia, Adina, me, Duy, いたみ先生, Batchunag, Fernando, Nodir.
Singing? =.="
Me & friends.
Look at this class. The sensei so cute hehe.
Me and Pang.
Zho-siao look =p
Le Ngoc Huyen(Vietnamese), Esther, LC, me, Pang & Kyoon(Korean).
I'm with food all the time =p
Tah-da! So international! =)
At the a-capella class after the welcome party.
There were food left over and we were asked to bring back some =p

吉祥寺 と タイ食べ放題
Kichijoji & Thai Buffet
Finally I went to Kichijoji. I love this place so much! There were a lot of shops and restaurants! And yeah, I miss curry so much and finally I got the chance to eat it hooray! The Thai buffet is not expensive and not bad, at least I can eat something which is hardly to be found here, but too bad there was no Tomyam T.T Thanks seniors for accompanying us.

Along the main street.
The Thai restaurant.
Esther, Kang from Korea & me.
Buffet! The choices weren't that much, but it's quite worth actually.
Everyone was so hungry, kept staring at the food =p
My first round. Well I ate 2 plates of this, and a bit smaller plate in the 3rd round =p (with desserts afterwards) Why they have this kind of plate, seems like the plate in jail =.="
I looked very satisfied right =)
The restaurant.
Cutlet Lunch. Ha I like this menu =p
Here we come! Ice-cream after shopping!
Nice nice Baskin Robbins.Arhhh! Caramel Praline Cheesecake flavour! Sooo nice!
Lastly, this is the so-called A-capella performance
(a bit siasoi though =.=")

2 comments:

Joe-Lene said...

khe shin...why at the first song you cover your face with the paper! hahahah and looking at you guys singing rasa sayang, really can feel the warmth!!
the last high pitch "ehhhhhh" is you ah? hehehe

Cory said...

haha guess what,that's a japanese song right,i couldnt memorise the lyrics,then i hv to sing the high voice somemore,so the paper ma covered my face dy lor =p bwuwhhaha! really?but i think our performance quite... =.=" erm-uhm! lolx! yaya that's me,走音 liao bwuhaha sia soi nia!