Thursday, January 22, 2009

Pre-Chinese New Year~

Yeah the chinese new year is just around the corner (it sounds stupid to say this as everyone knows it =.=") and I'm going back Penang tomorrow night yuhoooo! I miss Penang so much! Yesterday after sat for my elective test, I went to school computer lab to print notes. Well, I met some other coursemates there. They were busying doing programming assignment while me and another friend were so lazy for it. We were surfing net, doing nonsense stuff and after that we go for an online survey about our school canteen called "Food Connection". Actually the canteen is really good enough, with some fast food restaurants located at level 1 other than the upstairs food stalls selling a wide variety of food. Yet my friend was so "guai gu" that he gave a lot of comment in the survey form. One of the interesting part was that he suggested the canteen should add more stalls selling more international food. He listed some of the countries like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Italy bla bla bla and not to forget (especially) Penang food! When has Penang become a country instead of a state which it used to be? Lolx! It's ok I understand it as my friend is missing Penang food tooooo much already haha. Yeah we are proud to be Penangites =p

It's too bad that I'll only have 5 days of CNY holidays this year T.T It's indeed short but it's still better than none, right? I will appreciate these 5 days in Penang, together with my family & Baby, him and friends =) Yuhooo I'm coming back soon, wait for me!!! lolx. Oh ya I went to Chinatown with Soo Chia and Yen Shin last Saturday. Wow it was sooo crowded and there were a lot of stalls selling CNY food along the streets especially Taiwan Mochi which we have also bought some go back Penang. Although it was sometime a little bit uncomfortable to be in the crowd but we really enjoyed it most of the time. At least we could feel the new year celebration and forget about tons of to-do-homework accumulating in the room =p We had taken some photos but those photos are still with Yen Shin, so photos are to be uploaded once I get it from her =p Last but not least

Happy Chinese New Year

to all of you! Just like the greeting from NTU President,
" For the Chinese, 2009 marks the year of the Ox (or Buffalo), an animal in the zodiac symbolising determination, patience and reliability, so apt, in the current economic climate. "
So all the best to all of you. Sure we can fight global economic recession. Wish you have a prosperous Chinese 牛 Year (so don't forget to eat McDonald's Prosperity Burger =p )

No comments: