Friday, September 25, 2009

Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Last Sunday was Hari Raya Aidilfitri. From the Malaysian Students' Association of Japan (MSAJ) website, we knew that there was open house by some of the Malaysian government servants, where all of the students studying in Japan were welcomed. Since April, it was the first time I saw so many Malays in Japan, it's like I had returned to Malaysia =p

The ambassadors' apartments are located at 目黒区, which is considered as one of the expensive residential areas if not mistaken.
Our reaction when we saw the apartments was, how good if we were the ambassadors to stay in such nice apartments.
We were a bit weird though, to be in the Malay crowd.
There were altogether 3 rumah terbuka.
So, we ate 3 rounds.
Basically curry, laksa, satay and some cakes/cookies were served.
When we were about to enter one of the house, we were greeted by a Malay woman, asked for our name then she said, "Masuk la, makan banyak banyak ya!" So we did what as she told us to, makan banyak =p
The house is quite big actually. If not mistaken, there are 6 rooms, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a large balcony. Wow.

After that, we went back to Shibuya, spent our time walking around, had dinner, had supper, and finally had our overnight karaoke at カラオケ館. Normally the overnight K is very worth, 980yen (~RM40) per pax with free flow drinks, to sing from 11pm to 5am. However since the next day was public holiday (敬老の日), we had to pay for 1980yen and could only sing from 12am to 5am =.=" Awww, it costed us double somemore we got one hour less to sing. Well, I slept at the halfway actually, lolx.

Seng Pei & Kim Siang.
Recommended Korean food. It looks spicy but it wasn't.Beef.Fatty Tuna.Bibimbap.Supper time - Mcdonalds.Mcflurry is always my favourite.
This is the new flavour, Gateau Marron, and it tasted so great!
Okay, got ready before the singing marathon =p
Snacks for the night.
Kae Lin & me.

Glad to hang out during weekends, else I will just end up collecting dust or eating nonstop and EMO in my own room for the whole day. Seriously I really don't like the Japanese living style. It is good to have our own privacy and time, but this is too much for me. I mean, it feels like everyone is being isolated from each other instead of having own privacy daily life. I really miss the time when I was studying in NTU. Got roomie to talk to me, eat with me, listen to me, stay with me when I cried etc. The other thing is, I think I have some kind of "sickness" which I keep eating nonstop until I feel like throwing up. I won't be like that when there is people around, just when I am alone in my room.. Okay, I will try to control and take care of myself. And I know that I shouldn't keep thinking of the past, but look forward and accept the truth that I have to face this kind of living style. I will try my best. I will!

4 comments:

蝋燭の芯 said...

Hey, sweetie,
My place have one vacancy, would you like to move in be my house mate?? will try to cook soup for you when I am free.

I am a very talkative person:)

Cory said...

hey, oh impossible lar, my sch is just 3 minutes walk from my dorm and v r compulsory to stay at dorm one la. lolx. thanks anyway!

phyee86 said...

u all should thank to me. i told kae lin about raya open house, so u all got that chance to eat malaysia food. haha.

Cory said...

i tot i got to know about the open house from seng pei ler =.=" u told seng pei? lolx! anyway thanks~